I have to add this link for those of us who actually remember the thermos song, by Steve Martin.
I have to rave about My very own new Thermos (which I picked out for myself).
While it IS pricey I have to tell you that it is worth every last half a cent. No exaggeration. Having a good water bottle keeps me from making impulsive stops to get an iced tea or soda from a fast-food joint. I keep it filled and ready to travel every day.
Here’s why it’s the best;
1) Well-insulated. Water in this thing stays icy cold for hours. Literally (and I’m literally using literally literally).
2) Whole ice cubes (the ice tray kind) fit in the opening.
4) Size! 18 ounce size is perfect for a short hike or errands. Also good size for almost any cup-holder in any vehicle.
The size also makes it a comfortable fit in a back pack or bag.
5) Drink spout makes taking a drink easy and splash-free, especially when driving.
6) The button-release flip-top lid. This doesn’t seem like a significant thing until you find yourself wanting a drink and needing to do it one-handed. Press that button and the lid flips all the way open and stays there!
A firm little tug releases the lid from it’s open position and allows it to close easily (and also with one hand).
When my friend Marci first told me about this bottle I believed her, but I stopped listening when I learned the price. Silly me! I’ve wasted that much money just putting off not buying this bottle (I’ve already told you about my impulsive drive-thru runs).
I will be watching for sales. Our Fred Meyer often has “buy-one-get-one-free” offers on these bottles. I’ll be taking advantage of that sale. No doubt. Every member of this family will eventually have their own.
Another cool feature is that this bottle bears a striking resemblance to a Dalek.
It can “EXTERMINATE!” thirst.
**note: I have not been compensated for this review. I just think the world should know of the awesomeness that is this bottle!