I know I said I was taking a blog break – but this needed to be shared.
I bought a gorgeous hank of lace-weight baby alpaca/silk yarn in March of this year. I used the flower section of the Field of Flowers pattern from Fiber Trends.
Before blocking it looked like this:
After I finished knitting I put the wrap/shawl in a sink full of cold water and squeezed until the yarn was saturated. I picked up the entire bundle and squeezed it to get rid of much of the excess water. Then I gently spread the wrap on a clean beach towel. Next I rolled up the towel and then squeezed it to get as much water out of the yarn as possible.
Once the wrap was drier (no longer dripping wet) I spread it on a super large towel and then pinned it.